Lower Columbia Engineering is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer to work at our office in Saint Helens, Oregon.
Founded in 2001, Lower Columbia Engineering provides professional services for a wide range of projects that include; industrial plant expansions, public facilities, commercial developments, port & marine facilities, and residential construction. Additionally, we have an ecological division that focuses on fish passage improvements, wetland delineations, tidal habitat restoration, and environmental permitting services. We also have the capability to collect topographical and physical data necessary for design development with an optical reflector-less total station or RTK GPS units.
Our team-focused staff includes a variety of professionals. We provide efficient, multidisciplinary, service packages for our clients. We are a growing company with increasing opportunities for motivated individuals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Successfully passed the Oregon FE Exam and able to obtain Oregon PE within 4 years or less
• 0 – 5+ years of related work experience
• Familiar with gravity, wind & seismic design for wood, steel, and concrete structures
• Familiar with AutoCAD or Revit & proficient in Microsoft Office
• Hard-working, self-motivated individual with a positive attitude
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, individually and in groups
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• High attention to detail and ability to follow direction
• Team player who is focused on company and client success
This full-time position will focus primarily on structural design, utilizing common engineering materials. The candidate will be providing calculations and details for various structures to meet local and national building code standards. The candidate will work with drafters, architects, engineers, clients, and contractors to develop plans for permits and construction. Responsibilities will increase with experience.
• Competitive hourly wage
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan with company match (at eligibility)
• Semi-flexible work schedule
Candidates should provide
A cover letter and resume.
Thank you for your consideration.